Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > MaxiSys AutoScan Result Codes not gettin...
MaxiSys AutoScan Result Codes not getting stored to Vehicle History

2637 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: 2017-12-20 15:19:17

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2017-08-12 18:47:13
      Scanned a Lincoln Navigator twice that had 3 codes in various systems and the History report shows 0 codes. WTF! I want to email the results to my customers, but nothing stored from the scan results! Hope this issue gets fixed soon.

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2017-08-12 21:16:10 (Reply to:witsend)

Mine does the same thing. I think if you scan just the PCM, then clear the codes, log out then check the history it does not show the codes. 
     To be sure you have a log, you must not clear the codes before logging out. I tried printing the DTC page after scanning for codes but the tool only prints a screen shot. So if you have many codes, you must print a page, scroll down, print another page, ect.
    Be carefull if you want a record!
    Kevin

•   Level 7   
    (862) points
    SmogTech87

2017-08-13 00:05:12

When I print the report mine looks like this

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2017-08-13 00:44:36 (Reply to:SmogTech87)
     That looks good ,but I prefer to know that it is going to reliably  save the auto scan results of any car make  before I waste  time entering any customer information , mileage ,license plate if the scan results don't save. Usually just too lazy to enter further information other than e-mail them the scan results before doing any kind of work on the vehicle, so we both know what preexists before I lay a hand on anything.

•   Level 7   
    (862) points
    SmogTech87

2017-08-13 01:41:31 (Reply to:witsend)

Here is another one from 20 minutes ago. With scanner automatically information, no customer info.  I delete the VIN.
    https://tinyurl.com/y97gpel3

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2017-08-14 01:15:34 (Reply to:SmogTech87)

Hi Smog,
    My report is similar to your's if I print it through a history record. If I pull a list of fault codes and want to make sure that I keep a record, I simply print the DTC screen.
     But like I said, it prints one screen at a time. I guess you could simply save a screen shot but that don't help if you want to send a customer a report.
     Kevin

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2017-09-29 01:11:32 (Reply to:Kevin H)
      After an autoscan before I exit Diagnostics and check in shop manager work history, some cars with a bunch of codes in diagnostics will display 0 codes while other cars the work history displays all  the codes fine. It is frustrating because I cannot just email a screen view from the Diagnostic screen. The option to e mail only is found in Work History from shop manager. I often take a pictures of the diagnostic screen with my smart phone to send to customers because I can't depend on the autoscan results to store in Work History, so I might as  well be using my old DS708 I was doing the same thing taking pictures with my Smartphone and sending to my customers.      

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    cman572

2017-10-05 15:52:59 (Reply to:witsend)

If you hit the report option on bottom of results you can save as pdf file and email
    directly to custome.I do scans for body shops and this is how I do it..

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2017-10-10 01:55:31 (Reply to:cman572)
      I did see the report button and when I click on it, it does show the codes listed and definitions . I can print it or save it to PDF but there isn't any option to just email it directly from there without first saving it to a PDF file first   , then finding it in my stored files and emailing from there.
     I'm lazy and don't want to save and sift through PDFs and use printer ink and paper, so like to  show the customer the results in History and let them type in their email address and send it to themselves. I have a external 32GB micro SD card in it and sometimes after bringing out of sleep mode it acts flakey shows 45 updates available and I can't open Diagnostics and have to close out Maxisys App and reopen and it's fine.Who would have figured I would eat my words 2 days later and update from Ford 7.12 to 7.13 with some code optimization BS in hopes it would resolve the Ford Autoscan results not being immediately saved in History like most other makes seem to do properly. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-fldwkrL_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyMoGftAg1w

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2017-12-20 15:19:17 (Reply to:witsend)
     Ford Auto scan results for the last couple Fords I worked on seem to have saved properly  since update version V7.16 so I think I can say Good job Autel. Have to do a few more before I'm absolutely convinced though . :-)
  Total1 Pages